Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Princess and the Dragon

Hey everybody, I was going to put up a peice I did on the fall of Gondolin from the first age of Middle-Earth, however it turns out I don't have it saved anywhere but my computer which I didn't bring with me. I don't have it saved in the Cloud yet. I wanted to give you a snipped I wrote based on a awesome dream I had. Its traditional fantasy, which I said I would never write, then again I said I would never live in California either so there you have it. Anyway without any further adeu I give you the Princess and the Dragon.


That night in November brought winds in from the Western Ocean, islands of clouds floated silently across an otherwise clear night. The sky was bejeweled with stars and the moon showed its brightest that night.  Jarred stood on the dock with many subjects all dressed in their finest. Many boats filled the harbor and from the docks to the shore were filled with all kinds of small boats all filled with lanterns to commemorate the Independence of the Kingdom of Brightwood.
The Castle was brightly lit, its banners hung in the breeze. Jarred spoke softly with friends. The sounds of brown pelicans started him for a moment. The King and Queen celebrated celebrated with their courtiers inside the castle. Something Jarred would normally have been a part of had he not been given time off for recouperation from a greivous wound he had suffered a mere a month ago. He had perfered the water on his time off of guarding the princess. Fishing seemed a simpler life than his time at court.

Chastity, one of Jarred's friends, commented on the Princesses' forthcoming birthday Celebration, when a horrible cry came from the sky unlike any sea bird Jarred had heard in Harborough Bay before. It was then a large red head and snake-like neck came out of one of the larger clouds over head. Jarred snapped to attention," Jarred wait,"Kalil, one of Jarred's other friends said." It looks like it's going to move on."
Sure enough it rather high up and it's eyes weren't on Castle Brightwood.

However, slowly, as he watched it, the dragon began to descend, but it's eyes were distant looking far off beyond Brightwood Castle.

No comments:

Post a Comment