Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Current Works in Progress.

I am sorry for my missing my writing work post this last week AGAIN! I have been working a lot lately. Let me do a sum up of what I am working on. I am writing my testimony if how I went from a Satanist to a Christian which is taking a lot out of me. I have some ideas for some more Lord of the Rings poetry. I have written some work on my comic book story as well as an alternate tale of Mortimer Crane an accountant who aspires to be a superhero. Which I hope you will find interesting.
That's about all that's going on in the writing world other than I am starting to draw character concepts of my protagonists as well as birds and beasts of my world which go anywhere from sparrows to strange human like mutations. Its been a fun place to create and design. If there is any advice I can give anyone its write. Even if your world concept isn't strong for heaven sakes write already!!
You can build detail and flesh things out as you go. If you think you can turn in a first draft to an agent please don't expect to hear anything back from them. I have been working on my current concept for over ten years and it has changed and grown in a lot of pleasant ways to what it is today. You don't have to take as long as I did just don't expect to have all of your ducks in a row before you write.
Push yourself. As one artist said in a how to draw superheroes book lately it's not inspiration that pays off it's purspiration so get to work and share it on my site if you want. Now you don't have to give all of your trade secrets away but it helps just to share with other writers. I share with my family and nonwriter friends and I get blank stares. Or I get an experience like Daffy Duck when he tries to upstage Bugs Bunny. Silence and Crickets. "Ha,ha everyone laugh at the duck!"

Cheers see you next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment