Monday, August 20, 2012

Well school is done, just working for a season. Really feel this is a season of God's growth in my life. I'm in management right now. A friend of mine, Jackie is starting a blog while she does missions in eleven countries in eleven months. It encouraged me to get back into writing and blogging. I'm currently writing two stories one is The Princess and the Dragon about a royal family rescued from a dragon, the other is my main superhero story "Flight of the Sparrow, a story about a would-be heroes flight to the past to save his world from dying. The only way he can do it is with the co-operation of a time traveling villain he can't really trust.

I also need to do some editing on Statuary, my twighlight zone-type short. I'd like to whip that into shape and get some feedback on it.
Things have been tough recently, living with a beligerant roommate, yet God used the situation to really grow me. The issue in question was resolved. I think God worked more patience in me than I had before. This was a tough one this guy reminded me of my dad. He had a kind of do what I say or else attitude. (shrug.) Which at this point in neither here or there.
I think I'm going to set this sight up as Monday's being a check in, and Fridays being my posting my peice day. I think I will do Wednesdays as a pick a favorite author and what I like about their work day for two reasons.
1. At somepoint I think people get sick of hearing you talk about yourself all the time. Either than or I get sick of talking about myself all the time.
2. It keeps me reading.

However, Today I am going to cheat so I can get a jumpstart on my blog.

Today I am going to nominate The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros. If anyone has a hard time writing or understanding what it means to write a short short story this woman has mastered the form. In short its almost like poetry in prose form. Sandra not only has a strong ecomonmy of language(saying a great deal with as few words as possible.)but protagonist's voice is masterfully done as well. We follow the life of a young latino girl who grows up in the projects of Chicago as she grows up. The character's voice and outlook on life changes too. I can't recommend this book enough even if you're a Science Fiction and Fantasy Writer like myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment